Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Wheaton Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Michael P. Hopkins, 23, 27W231 Birch St., Winfield, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of marijuana at 5:42 a.m. Jan. 1 at Roosevelt Road and Woodlawn Street.
• A snow blower and chainsaw were stolen between 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 10 from a detached garage in the 1400 block of Forest Avenue.
• A handicap parking placard was stolen between 7 and 10 a.m. Jan. 7 from an unsecured vehicle in the 300 block of South Wheaton Avenue.
• Several thousand dollars were taken from credit cards between 2 p.m. Dec. 18 and 3 p.m. Jan. 7 in the 1500 block of Leabrook Lane.
• A Victoria's Secret credit card was falsely used at 12:01 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 1200 block of East Briarbrook Drive.
• Eliza R. Baumann, 18, 1723 E. Forest Ave., was charged with retail theft at 3 p.m. Jan. 3 at Kohl's, 401 S. County Farm Road.
• Cash was stolen at 9:30 p.m. Dec. 29 at Yogli Mogli, 135 Danada Square East.
• A bicycle and lock were stolen between 7 a.m. Dec. 12 and 11:23 a.m. Jan. 2 in the 200 block of North President Street.
• A Visa card was used falsely between 8 a.m. Dec. 26 and 5 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 200 block of Knoll Street.
• A pair of checks hanging on a Christmas tree and $100 in cash and coins were stolen between noon Dec. 15 and noon Dec. 25 in the 2000 block of Stirrup Lane.
• Two fraudulent purchases were made with a credit card at 5:26 p.m. Dec. 29 in the 1400 block of South Naperville Road.
A resident was told she had won $6,000 in cash, but needed to pay a winner's fee and purchase a Green Dot money card, put $1,100 on it, and call back with the card's transaction number at 11 a.m. Jan. 7 in the 100 block of North Pierce Avenue.
• Zachee N. Saleng, 33, of the 1200 block of South Lorraine Road, was charged with criminal damage to property and unlawful interference with the reporting of domestic violence at 11:08 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 1200 block of South Lorraine Road. Charges were later dismissed.
• A vehicle's tires were punctured between 4:30 and 9 p.m. Jan. 4 in the 200 block of North Knollwood Drive.
• Two inflatable Christmas decorations were cut between 5 and 11:30 p.m. Dec. 29 in the 2000 block of Richton Drive.
Hit and run
Meagan D. Hardman, 18, of the 700 block of West Liberty Street, was charged with a hit and run at 3:15 p.m. Jan. 9 at Butterfield Road and Scottdale Circle.
A male was observed taking pictures of a parked vehicle and a nearby mailbox, stuffing several potato halves in the tailpipe of the vehicle and leaving a threatening note between two incidents, the latter of which occurred at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 9 in the 2200 block of Barger Court.
• Patrick V. Cary, 27, 22W771 Hackberry Drive, Glen Ellyn, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug equipment at 10:01 p.m. Jan. 7 at Main Street and Willow Avenue.
• Jeremy T. Barnes, 18, 1980 Lancaster Lane, Unit 110, was charged with possession of marijuana at 12:31 a.m. Jan. 7 at County Farm and Roosevelt roads.
• Stephen B. Herbert, 26, 1772 Glouchester Court, Unit A, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug equipment at 10:02 p.m. Dec. 30 at James Court and Park Avenue.
• Emily V. Bates, 19, 1704 W. Martha Lane, Mount Prospect, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug equipment at 12:36 a.m. Dec. 30 at Geneva Road and Main Street.
Drug equipment possession
• Russel R. Ackley, 24, 1006 Independence Drive, Unit E, Elwood, Ind., was charged with possession of drug equipment at 2:24 a.m. Jan. 7 at Roosevelt and Naperville roads.
• Mahmoud N. Khatib, 23, 9117 S. Roberts Road, Unit 6C, Hickory Hills, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:12 a.m. Dec. 31 at 51 Town Square.
• Robert M. McKenzie, 20, 1540 Stoddard Ave., was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 1:27 a.m. Jan. 1 at Front and Main streets.
• Matthew W.H. Marconi, 18, 1806 Glencoe St., was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:04 a.m. Dec. 31 at 1800 N. Glencoe St.
• Ashley M. Walton, 24, 102 S. Fairview Ave., Lombard, was charged with an alcohol ordinance violation at 9:54 a.m. Dec. 30 during a shift at Mariano’s, 625 S. Main St.
• Brenda Meza, 22, 7101 Glenwood Lane, Hanover Park, was charged with a tobacco ordinance violation at 9:21 a.m. Dec. 29 during a shift at Ultra Foods, 501 S. County Farm Road.
• Seth D. Cronk, 24, 211 Wood St., was arrested on warrant for failure to appear for an unspecified charge at 5:15 p.m. Jan. 3 in the 200 block of Wood Street.
• Cody J. Sneed, 21, 28W517 Woodland Road, Warrenville, was arrested on warrant for failure to appear for an unspecified charge at 5:44 p.m. Jan. 2 in the 800 block of East Butterfield Road.