Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• Azeez A. Aweda, 31, and Tasiu A. Jimoh, 31, both of Houston, Texas, each were charged at about 1:30 p.m. June 25 with burglary and identity theft and Jimoh also was charged with possession of burglary tools at L.A. Fitness,620 N. York St.
• A purse and a wallet reportedly were stolen between 7:50 and 8:25 p.m. June 26 from a vehicle at the Elmhurst YMCA, 211 W. First Ave.
• An Apple iPad reportedly was stolen between 1 and 4:06 a.m. June 28 in the 100 block of North Glenview Avenue.
• Two chainsaws and a hydraulic pole saw reportedly were stolen between 6:30 p.m. June 27 and 6:30 a.m. June 28 from a 2011 orange freightliner truck at Asplundh Tree Expert, 782 Industrial Drive. Damage reportedly was caused to a side storage door at the location.
• A cable box and modem reportedly were stolen between 11:30 p.m. June 27 and 8:15 a.m. June 28 from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway in the 100 block of North Myrtle Avenue. The cable box and modem were recovered by officers in the area.
• Three bottles of alcohol reportedly were stolen between 12:01 a.m. June 25 and 4:30 p.m. June 29 from an office in the 100 block of West First Street.
• Tools and wires reportedly were stolen from a Ford van between 9 p.m. June 29 and 6:14 a.m. June 30 in the 800 block of North Emroy Avenue.
• An unlocked Chevy Trailblazer reportedly was entered between 6:30 p.m. June 29 and 7 a.m. June 30 in the 700 block of North Adele Street. Nothing appeared to be missing from the vehicle.
Controlled substance possession
• Jodi M. Domres, 35, of the 100 block of North Center Street, Bensenville, was charged at 12:14 a.m. July 1 with possession of a controlled substance, improper lane use and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
• Julian J. Coss, 22, of the 7700 block of Florence Avenue, Darien, was charged at 12:27 p.m. July 1 with possession of controlled substance at Shell, 218 E. Butterfield Road. Obed Salvador Romo, 23, of the 2200 block of Charmingfare Drive, Woodridge, was charged at the same time and date with possession of controlled substance and obstruction of justice at the same location.
• A juvenile was cited at 12:54 a.m. July 1 with curfew violation and improper lane use at Route 83 Frontage and Van Buren Street. A second juvenile was cited at the same time and date with curfew violation at the same location.
• Two juveniles were cited at 12:58 a.m. July 1 with curfew violation at Fullerton and Howard avenues.
An incident involving deceptive practice reportedly occurred between 12:01 a.m. June 22 and 9:39 a.m. June 26 in the 100 block of North Larch Avenue.
Robert L. Baldwin, 68, of the 600 block of George Street, Bensenville, was charged at 5:21 p.m. June 25 with disorderly conduct – public intoxication at North Avenue and Oak Street.
• An incident involving battery reportedly occurred at 1:20 a.m. June 25 in the 700 block of South Hawthorne Avenue.
• Charles M. Gammill, 29, of the 100 block of North Elm Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 10:18 p.m. June 27 with domestic battery in the 100 block of North Elm Avenue.
• An incident involving a battery was reported at 11 p.m. June 27 in the 100 block of West Diversey Avenue.
• Christopher J. Dwyer, 31, of the 600 block of West Fay Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 10:29 p.m. June 28 with domestic battery in the 600 block of West Fay Avenue.
• Francisco J. Tovar, 47, of the 500 block of West Comstock Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 8:32 p.m. June 30 with domestic battery in the 500 block of West Comstock Avenue.
• An incident involving domestic battery reportedly occurred at 10:47 p.m. July 1 in the 700 block of South Hawthorne Avenue.
Drug paraphernalia possession
Mirikal A. Wells, 19, of the 1700 block of South Oak Avenue, Freeport, was cited at 5:50 a.m. June 26 with speeding and possession of drug paraphernalia at North Avenue and Route 83.
• Elder J. Tello-Munoz, 40, of the 1600 block of Ardmore Avenue, Glendale Heights, was charged at 7:27 p.m. June 27 with aggravated driving while license revoked, aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and obstructing the roadway at Church Street and Evergreen Avenue.
• Justin B. Cruz, 25, of the 400 block of West Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, was charged at 2:15 a.m. June 30 with DUI of alcohol and speeding at Route 83 and Interstate 290.
• Ivan E. Mondragon, 27, of the 400 block of Byron Court, Wheaton, was charged at 1:02 a.m. July 1 with DUI of alcohol and speeding at York Street and I-290.
• Pawel Wlodarczyk, 50, of the 1000 block of Dartmouth Drive, Bartlett, was charged at midnight July 2 with DUI of alcohol and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Grand Avenue and Church Street.
An incident of telephone harassment reportedly occurred at 6:39 a.m. June 30 in the 600 block of South Bryan Street.
Jahmal N. Ross, 23, of the 700 block of North Willow Street, Elmhurst, was cited at 11:39 p.m. July 1 with illegal fireworks in the 700 block of North Willow Street.
An incident involving identity theft was reported at 3:34 p.m. June 29 as having occurred at 12:01 a.m. May 4 in the 400 block of South Kenilworth Avenue.
• A wallet containing an Illinois driver's license, bank cards, cash and an access card was reported as having been lost at 9:30 p.m. June 25 in the 500 block of Belden Avenue.
• A state of Illinois handicap parking placard reportedly was lost or stolen between midnight June 23 and midnight June 27 from a vehicle in the 200 block of East North Avenue.
• A U.S. certificate of citizenship was reported lost at 10:24 a.m. June 28 in the 100 block of East Diversey Avenue.
• A cellphone was reported lost at 7:40 a.m. June 28 in the 400 block of Mitchell Avenue.
• A driver's license was reported at 4:56 p.m. June 29 as having been lost at 10 a.m. June 26 at O'Hare International Airport, 10000 W. O'Hare Ave.
• A rear license plate was reported lost or stolen at 4:10 p.m. June 30 in the 100 block of Berkley Avenue.
• Vicente Mendoza, 23, of the 2900 block of Neenah Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 4:55 a.m. June 27 with unlawful possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, suspended registration, driving while license suspended and speeding at York and Harger roads.
• A juvenile was cited at 2:29 a.m. July 1 with unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol by a minor in the 600 block of North Howard Avenue.
Possession of open alcohol in public
Frank Gilio, 50, of the zero to 100 block of North Garfield Avenue, Lombard, was cited at 8:36 p.m. June 30 with possession of open alcohol in public in the 100 block of West Park Avenue.
• A toilet reportedly was caused to flood a men's restroom after a man reportedly flushed a plastic garbage bag full of paper towels at 6:30 p.m. June 26 at Chipotle, 139 N. York St. The paper towel dispenser reportedly also was cracked.
• Mailboxes reportedly were damaged between 1 and 5:30 a.m. June 30 in the 700 block of North Lombard Street.
• Matthew Clark, 27, of the 1100 block of Richard Avenue, Berkeley, was charged at 4:48 p.m. June 27 with retail theft at Kohl's, 303 S. Route 83.
• A 2018 red Ford Flex reportedly was stolen between 5 p.m. June 27 and 8:15 a.m. June 28 from a driveway in the 400 block of North Walnut Street.
• A phone reportedly was stolen at 11:34 p.m. June 28 at Jewel-Osco, 153 E. Schiller St.
• A silver and red Schwinn Solution bicycle reportedly was stolen between 8:20 p.m. June 28 and 6 a.m. June 29 at the Elmhurst Metra station, 128 W. First St.
• A Link card was reported stolen at 4:21 p.m. June 29 in the 600 block of South Bryan Street.
• Christina Turrubiates, 31, of the 200 block of East Wilson Street, Elmhurst, was charged at 7:05 p.m. June 30 with disobeying a stop sign and driving while license suspended at Berkley Avenue and Vallette Street.
• Kenneth K. Gillespie, 26, of the 1100 block of North Mayfield Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 10:07 a.m. June 25 with driving while license suspended, suspended registration, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and failure to secure child under 8 in a restraint system in the 300 block of South Route 83.
• Stephanie M. Villa, 30, of the 500 block of West Stevens Drive, Addison, was charged at 10:24 a.m. June 26 with driving while license suspended and unlawful use of electronic communication device at Grand Avenue and Church Street.
• Juan Llanes-Martinez, 61, of the 3000 block of West 40th Place, Chicago, was cited at 12:50 p.m. June 26 with leaving the scene of an accident involving damage to a vehicle in the 600 block of South Bryan Street.
• John Messino, 37, of the 500 block of Walnut Street, Elmhurst, was charged at 11:18 a.m. June 27 with driving while license revoked in the 500 block of Walnut Street.
• Reginald Giles, 33, of the 500 block of Gregory Drive, Chicago Heights, was charged at 4:37 p.m. June 28 with driving while license suspended at Maple and North avenues.
• Hector Pichardo-Garcia, 49, of the zero to 100 block of Westward Ho Drive, Northlake, was charged at 4:15 a.m. June 29 with no valid driver's license at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
• Miguel A. Santillan, 59, of the 5000 block of West Montana Street, Chicago, was charged at 5:04 a.m. June 29 with speeding, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving while license suspended at Grand Avenue and York Road.
• Michael Ely, 40, of the 3800 block of Kilpatrick Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 1:01 p.m. June 29 with no seatbelt, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving while license suspended at North Avenue and York Street.
• Tiara Brooks, 24, of the 700 block of North Meadows Boulevard, Addison, was charged at 8:47 a.m. June 30 with driving while license suspended and speeding at York Street and I-290.
• A juvenile was cited at 11:52 p.m. July 1 with speeding (graduated driver license violation), too many passengers (graduated driver license violation), invalid driver's license and violation of curfew at North Avenue and Willow Street. Two other juveniles were cited at the same time and date with violation of curfew at the same location.
A juvenile was cited at 8:30 p.m. June 25 with possession of tobacco by minor in the 300 block of Maple Avenue.
• Danie Bogacki, 34, of the zero to 100 block of North Irving Avenue, Hillside, was arrested at 3:56 p.m. June 27 on two warrants out of DuPage County at the Elmhurst Police Department, 125 E. First St.
• Cameron M. Givhan, 29, of the 500 block of 24th Avenue, Bellwood, was arrested at 12:44 a.m. June 29 on an unspecified warrant and charged with driving while license suspended, improper lane use, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and failure to properly secure a child under 8 years of age in a child restraint system at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
• John J. Rivera, 34, of the 2500 block of Haymond Avenue, River Grove, was arrested at 5:57 p.m. June 29 on a warrant out of Lake County and cited with passing vehicle while on shoulder of road at Route 83 and North Avenue.